Thursday, August 27, 2015

An airing of a grievance.

I know I touched on the rice issue the other day but it was late and I gave it short shrift.  I am nothing if not a rice savant. I never questioned my ability to get by living a solely rice diet.  Where has ennui come from?
The rice itself.  I can proclaim with 100% certainly that the hospital is not using Uncle Ben's whole grain converted rice.  When Uncle Ben's is done right, it is a bit puffy with a moist feeling about it. The rice here is shrivelled and dried up.
Now, I do not want you to think I am a rice snob. I enjoy Jasmine Rice, Basmati Rice, Short, Medium and long grain rice.  I have also sampled all kinds of brands of rice from Dainty to No Name. Nothing rivals this rice.  I think they might be using actual sawdust.
Another problem might be my mildly restrictive food fetishes. I am not sure how well known VH Sauce is known outside Montreal,  but I have probably consumed a thousand bottles of it. My mother introduced me to the rice sauce stuff in the mid 70s and I have been consuming the sweet swill ever since. It goes without saying that such a fine product is unavailable here. Not to mention how much it would clash with the house brown sauce.

In short,  you cannot hide from life's piccadillos.


No comments:

Post a Comment