Wednesday, June 27, 2012

feeding the nurses

I totally forgot one thing about today! And in the end this is for us to remember in the years to come...
My house has been overwhelmed with delicious deliveries! Some we can eat right away, some have been frozen, but in the end, it's just me and NJ and the baby-sitter, we will never get through it all! So this morning I packed a full box of danishes, cheese bagels, anything and everything that I thought people would eat and I brought it to the ICU nurses station. Jay's nurse was not there, but I asked the head nurse where they kept the food.... Stunned silence. Did not know what I was talking about. Food I said, I brought you guys food, to say thank you, it says so on the box, see: To the staff, thank you so much from the Sokoloff family and friends.

Turns out, nobody bring them food, ever. They didn't know what to do, where to put it. Every single nurse/orderly/staff member thanked me at some point today. So I am passing along the thanks since all I did was transfer it from my fridge to their stomachs.

and for the record, this does not count as my 1 thank you for the day, so bug off, you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment